Welcome...

"It's ALL HAPPENING!"- Almost Famous

Friday, June 10, 2011

June 9th/10th: SD Departure/Paris Arrival

Bitter/sweet.

San Diego: My month long excursion back home came to an end, and my sincerest apologies for my friends that I did not have the time to see and catch up with. I return in December and hopefully with a better attitude and less on my plate. I did get to do a couple of things, such as acquire a sort-of-tan! There is a bright side to having the beach a few miles away. I shared a few great laughs with certain individuals, including but not limited to: My BFF, Vicious Vic, My Twin, Gregarious Martha, Pattito, Pelado, The Marine, Chinese, Stud Muff, Raymond, DL, Feo, among a few others that I can’t seem to remember. Love y’all very much and I hope to see y’all again during the holidays. The downfall of this whole excursion back home has been that I’ve yet to finish my second semester of school. I have all of my final papers still to turn in. I’m failing at life at the moment. I am lacking motivation and having been back home has also caused somewhat of a distraction. But more than anything is the non-existent motivation that co-habits with my every lingering thought of finishing those damn papers. I was ready to leave San Diego two weeks ago. Something about it just wasn’t right. Thus, I slept more than usual, watched a few movies, and actually made it out to the gym a couple of times.

The SD departure, as mentioned, was way overdue. Now, I’m in Paris (sweet). When I was waiting for my luggage, I noticed that my lovely Roxy luggage was damaged (BITTER!). The handle seemed as if it got jammed somewhere. Picture the handle bar and the two metals that go inside your luggage for you to pull it…ok, got it…well, now picture one of those two metals completely broken! No longer attached to the luggage. The other one…picture that one in a zig-zag, and if touched would also break off. Long story short on my way to the restroom the handle completely broke off. American Airlines was understanding about my now-not-functioning luggage. They are paying for the repair here in Paris. As I’m writing this blog, I’m waiting for Señora and Mocoso to arrive. Their flight has been somewhat delayed (somewhat bitter).

Paris: FINALLY! I’m here (SWEET!). I’ve been waiting and anticipating to come back. I love this city. My Señora and Mocoso will be here with me for 12 days. Some of the things I have planed for us to do is: a bike tour to Giverny to visit Monet’s gardens next Thursday, a day trip to Versailles (which I didn’t get to do last time I was here), and we’re also going to Disneyland Paris! On top of those 3 day trips we’re also doing the touristy things like La Tour Effiel, Le Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, Seeing the Mona Lisa in the Musee de Louvre and etc. I start class on the 22nd of the month and I will be reporting to the studio I will be living in for 3 weeks on the 21st, which is also the day Señora and Mocoso fly back to San Diego. Once I start class, there are things we’ll be doing as a class during the week. I will have class Monday-Friday for about 3 hours each day. On the side, 2 of my friends and I will be traveling during the weekends to Brussels and Amsterdam. Super exciting stuff going on all around.

I will try and blog on a daily basis for the entire month that I am here. Stay tuned.

Signing off from Paris.

TAC

Ps. I am reachable mostly through:

e-mail: Tcornejo10@gmail.com

skype: tan.fab.

Text messages too! But, I will NOT be responding. I can receive all the text messages in the world. Feel free to text me your address if you’d like a postcard. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo gonna follow your blog hunny! so about your luggage same shit happened to rays luggage, in your case i would have been bitter too but it was absolutely hilarious seeing him with his luggage on the ground in the middle of the Barcelona metro, then dragging in luggage in one hand and the metal handle in the other lol.

    But have fun and study hard! if you need any recommendations for Brussels and Amsterdam message me! oh and get a tan there mensa! why tan at the beach when you can tan in the park with a gorgeous view of the Eiffel tower! I'm sure its absolutely gorgeous weather.talk to you soon!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, and keep us posted. Enjoy yourself, relax a little, and take a DEEP breath, you are in PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete